A NEW WAY FORWARD: HEALING WHAT’S HURTING BLACK AMERICA
A New Way Forward is a call to healing. A project of the National CARES Mentoring Movement, it seeks to create wellness in body, mind, spirit and community among African Americans so we will want to become the protective shield for our vulnerable young. Click here to visit the site
Because this is our state of emergency today:
- Of all Black fourth-graders, 58% are functionally illiterate.
- In some cities, 80% of our boys drop out before finishing high school.
- Every day 1,000 Black children are arrested.
- 1 in every 8 African American males ages 25-29 is incarcerated.
- The number one cause of death for our boys is homicide.
Make A Donation Online
Looking For More Ways To Donate
Click here to read about more ways you can support us!
CARES MENTOR-RECRUITMENT CIRCLES THROUGHOUT THE NATION
Don't see your city?
Find out how to get your hometown involved.
National CARES has available Carrer opportunities in the following areas:
= Development Director for National CARES Mentoring Movement
To download the job description, please click: here.
National CARES is seeking volunteers for its Atlanta office in the following areas:
= Fund Development
= IT/Website Management
= Social Media & Marketing
= Administrative/Data Entry
Submit your resume and cover letter with the area you are interested in volunteering to: